September 4, 2018
Are you thinking about Invisalign treatment? It is an incredibly popular way to straighten your teeth while keeping your smile looking good and metal-brace free! Invisalign in Framingham is not only an investment of money, but time as well. It’s best to make sure you know what you can and can’t eat, how often you should wear your aligning trays, and how to clean them to get the most out of your Invisalign. Keep reading to learn the do’s and don’ts while using Invisalign to make your treatment as easy, fast, and successful as possible.
The Do’s of Invisalign
You may be wondering what kind of maintenance and care goes into? Let’s take a look at some of the things you should DO while wearing Invisalign:
- Take it out when you eat: You must remove your aligning trays to eat, and then brush your teeth before putting it back in to ensure your Invisalign trays stay clean.
- Smaller meals during the day: Because you can take your Invisalign out to eat, you can eat almost anything you want as long as you clean your teeth after. Your Invisalign must be worn at least 22 hours a day so your meals cannot last too long. Instead, eat small meals and snacks that require minimal time for you to take it out.
- Cleaning: Each morning and night, take your Invisalign trays out and clean your teeth and the trays thoroughly to get rid of bacteria. In addition, rinse them out every time you take them out of your mouth. You can also use clear anti-bacterial soap to clean them. This will ensure saliva and plaque don’t build up in your aligning trays.
- Handle them carefully: Invisalign can scratch and crack, so make sure you take care of it. Don’t pull them out too fast or drop them because that can damage your trays, making them ineffective.
The Don’ts of Invisalign
Now that you know what to do with Invisalign, let’s see what NOT to do:
- Don’t eat or drink with your trays in: The only thing you can consume while wearing Invisalign is water. The trays are not built for chewing, so they can be damaged easily, and food and drink can stain Invisalign effortlessly.
- Don’t use toothpaste to clean your Invisalign: Toothpaste can damage the aligning trays and dull down the clarity, which makes them more noticeable.
- Don’t play with it: Invisalign can take a few days to get used to, but don’t play with it while it’s in your mouth. Keep your tongue away from your trays and don’t take them out too often. This could cause scratching of the trays or soreness.
- Don’t leave it in: Although you should wear them for at least 22 hours a day, don’t leave them in all day. Your teeth need to be cleaned multiple times a day along with your trays. Leaving your Invisalign in too long can prolong the treatment process.
Knowing the do’s and don’ts of Invisalign will set you up for great smile success. Keep these tips in mind when you talk to your cosmetic dentist in Framingham about Invisalign or if you currently wear it!
Meet the Dentist
Dr. Marianna Gaitsgory has years of experience in general and cosmetic dentistry. She is committed to continuing education courses to remain up to date on all the latest practices. She even has 3D computer imaging technology to create the perfect Invisalign treatment for you today. She currently practices at Framingham Premier Dental and can be contacted by phone at (508) 875-0900.
Comments Off on The Do’s and Don’ts of Invisalign in Framingham
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.